Finding a good man and woman might be complicated in the modern busy world. People spend a lot of time doing business and having a very limited social life. When was the last time you were in a theatre? At the party? For many people, online dating is a solution. It is a possibility to meet someone and create a family. At the same time, many people use dating services for their fraudulent schemes. You might have heard many stories. Is it possible to use these services safely? Can you protect yourself from scammers?
Simple Protecting Measures
Unfortunately, bad things might happen to good people. However, this does not mean you should not try luck and meet a great person online or through the agency. Just be careful and follow simple rules:
- Do not share your private information with people you do not know in real life. You might have been chatting for a long time but you have never seen each other. It is very dangerous to let strangers know your home address. Online users are strongly recommended to hide their personal information. More experienced people use nicknames that do not tell much about them. You can write in private your real name or where you work. It requires some time to get to know other people. Do not hurry.
- Do not transfer money or share bank information. You should also avoid talking about your budget and salary. People, asking for money online, are scammers. It might be very disappointing after chatting for a while but this is true. The most popular stories go about sick relatives or lack of money to come and see you.
- Never share intimate pictures of you. Once your picture is online, there is no guarantee it will stay private. It is not a positive experience to find it on a different website. The worst is to be blackmailed by someone. No matter how close you have become, make sure your identity is concealed.
- Be resistant to any pressure. Communication should be without any pressure. If a person forces you to do something, stop communicating. Any form of pressure is suspicious. It could be a hard person or a scammer.
- Stay on a dating website or the app provided by the agency. Do not use any other messengers until you are confident that the person is not a scammer.
- When planning to meet someone, do not hide it from your family or friends. Tell your friends where you are planning to meet. If the date asks not to tell, be careful. This is a strange sign. It is also safer to choose a lively place for the first time.
Dating services are safe and proven tools for matchmaking. Keep in mind simple steps to protect yourself. It will guarantee you a positive experience with dating services.