In the modern world, people use various means of communication. Internet dating has become one of such means. It is a simple way to meet a partner, especially for those, who spend most of the time at work. Considering the popularity of dating services, there are a lot of agencies providing relevant assistance. When looking for a husband or wife, you can ask for a professional help. However, many men and women people prefer using free websites. It is important to be informed about different fraudulent schemes existing on dating websites.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Schemes
- “A sick patient” is probably the most popular script. You meet online a nice woman or man, who appears to be very sick. You become very close emotionally. After some time you might start receiving messages about lack of money to continue treatment.
- Long distance relationship is the second popular scheme. People become close and want to meet each other. In this scenarios, you are asked to send money to buy a ticket in order to come to see you. At the same time, if you offer to come, the person will find an excuse not to meet with you. When hearing something similar to that, be sure – it is a scammer. Forget about this person.
- Meeting a person, who falls in love with you right away, is also dangerous. It usually ends up with asking money for different sort of things. However, this scheme works more with women than men. Women tend to be more romantic and naïve when it comes to love matters. If you have met a man, who tells you he loves you after 5 days, it is not for real. You can be confident that this is one of the schemes to get some money from you.
- Being a victim is a good way to eliminate suspicion. Scammers know that pretending to be a victim will eliminate any suspicion. It is hard to think that a person, who has been a victim of a scammer, could be a scammer, right? But this is exactly the scheme, which many scammers use. When chatting with a person, who claims to be a victim, take some time to make sure he or she really has been.
- Meeting a soldier can be a story too. Military scammers usually use the real names and ranks but for various reasons.
It is hard to anticipate, which way the story might go. No matter what, do not agree to send money to anyone asking you online. This is a clear sign of a scammer.