Finding a good man and woman might be complicated in the modern busy world. People spend a lot of time doing business and having a very limited social life. When was the last time you were in a theatre? At the party? For many people, online dating is a solution. It is a possibility to meet someone and create a family. At the same time, many people use dating services for their fraudulent schemes. You might have heard many stories. Is it possible to use these services safely? Can you protect yourself from scammers?
Simple Protecting Measures
Unfortunately, bad things might happen to good people. However, this does not mean you should not try luck and meet a great person online or through the agency. Just be careful and follow simple rules:
- Do not share your private information with people you do not know in real life. You might have been chatting for a long time but you have never seen each other. It is very dangerous to let strangers know your home address. Online users are strongly recommended to hide their personal information. More experienced people use nicknames that do not tell much about them. You can write in private your real name or where you work. It requires some time to get to know other people. Do not hurry.
- Do not transfer money or share bank information. You should also avoid talking about your budget and salary. People, asking for money online, are scammers. It might be very disappointing after chatting for a while but this is true. The most popular stories go about sick relatives or lack of money to come and see you.
- Never share intimate pictures of you. Once your picture is online, there is no guarantee it will stay private. It is not a positive experience to find it on a different website. The worst is to be blackmailed by someone. No matter how close you have become, make sure your identity is concealed.
- Be resistant to any pressure. Communication should be without any pressure. If a person forces you to do something, stop communicating. Any form of pressure is suspicious. It could be a hard person or a scammer.
- Stay on a dating website or the app provided by the agency. Do not use any other messengers until you are confident that the person is not a scammer.
- When planning to meet someone, do not hide it from your family or friends. Tell your friends where you are planning to meet. If the date asks not to tell, be careful. This is a strange sign. It is also safer to choose a lively place for the first time.
Dating services are safe and proven tools for matchmaking. Keep in mind simple steps to protect yourself. It will guarantee you a positive experience with dating services.
Searching for the possible partner via marriage agencies became quite popular nowadays. Numerous advertisements say that there is one unique possibility for people to find the prince or princess of their dreams in an extra easy and fast way – the only thing they have to do is just to apply for the marriage agency help. Obviously, it sounds magnetical and lots of people believe in it and count on the agencies as their chance to find their soulmate. But is it as good and effective as the advertisements say?
Every single matter has its own advantages and disadvantages and marriage agencies aren’t an exclusion. It’s impossible to say that absolutely every single person who has applied to such agencies succeed with matching perfect soulmate. Marriage agency is not a panacea for the relationships. This article will show 3 reasons why people should not overestimate anticipations about marriage agencies.
There is no any agency in the world that can provide a warranty to their clients in a fast result of the search. People commonly dream that they can meet their perfect match just in a few days and as a result think that there is nothing complicated in the marriage agency’s work – just searching via database the most perfect candidate for a client. But the truth is, people usually forget about the people’s tastes. In reality, the client may spend months or even years trying to find the best option out of thousands of questionnaires.
Even if the agency succeeds to find a good couple for a client there is still no guarantee that two people will start a strong relationship. While going to the marriage agency people shouldn’t forget about the fact, that from the beginning they can’t know more information about candidates than in their profiles. That’s why even if the man or woman looks so awesome on a profile, it doesn’t mean that the person will be the same in the real life and it will be easy to establish the relationship.
The Difference in Purposes
The main reason has to be memorized is that people are applying for the marriage agencies for a number of different purposes. Of course, someone is truly trying to find a perfect wife/husband via agencies, but it doesn’t mean that everyone is the same. There’s not a unique situation among every single marriage agency when one of the candidates really wanted to create the family, but another one was just searching for a sex partner, friend, just girl/boyfriend and so on.
People have to learn by heart these facts and choose the possible partners while bearing in mind that there is no guarantee that their desires will match with the chosen person.
In the modern world, people use various means of communication. Internet dating has become one of such means. It is a simple way to meet a partner, especially for those, who spend most of the time at work. Considering the popularity of dating services, there are a lot of agencies providing relevant assistance. When looking for a husband or wife, you can ask for a professional help. However, many men and women people prefer using free websites. It is important to be informed about different fraudulent schemes existing on dating websites.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Schemes
- “A sick patient” is probably the most popular script. You meet online a nice woman or man, who appears to be very sick. You become very close emotionally. After some time you might start receiving messages about lack of money to continue treatment.
- Long distance relationship is the second popular scheme. People become close and want to meet each other. In this scenarios, you are asked to send money to buy a ticket in order to come to see you. At the same time, if you offer to come, the person will find an excuse not to meet with you. When hearing something similar to that, be sure – it is a scammer. Forget about this person.
- Meeting a person, who falls in love with you right away, is also dangerous. It usually ends up with asking money for different sort of things. However, this scheme works more with women than men. Women tend to be more romantic and naïve when it comes to love matters. If you have met a man, who tells you he loves you after 5 days, it is not for real. You can be confident that this is one of the schemes to get some money from you.
- Being a victim is a good way to eliminate suspicion. Scammers know that pretending to be a victim will eliminate any suspicion. It is hard to think that a person, who has been a victim of a scammer, could be a scammer, right? But this is exactly the scheme, which many scammers use. When chatting with a person, who claims to be a victim, take some time to make sure he or she really has been.
- Meeting a soldier can be a story too. Military scammers usually use the real names and ranks but for various reasons.
It is hard to anticipate, which way the story might go. No matter what, do not agree to send money to anyone asking you online. This is a clear sign of a scammer.